Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Reflections from Distance

Preparations to depart are underway. A land far North awaits me, a land with a history much older than any Western conception. The big wet may have just ended in time, the rivers will flow with the juice of the world and the sky will bustle with chants from those with wings. The Twin Falls will flow freely, not something that can always be expected.

My departure from rituals reminds me how closely these things, these people, these items connect me to what I perceive as my identity. Those close to my heart, who lay gently on my chest, are already missed, already envied, already despised in the many moods that connect to me lack of presence. Unwanted feeling, but unavoidable. It is in emotions, in connections, in desire that these feeling are born, and those things alone make any suffering worth it.

A reflection beams back at you, distorted through a mirrored view. A land of concrete, of blue summer skies, of fenced in areas. BourneCity is there, in this disco view, three times over, the ground, the structures and the sky. I will fly away, to a land of no fences, no concrete, no structures, but just that which was there before us. Marked only by ancient ones, marked only by a need to communicate the feeling the land offered, a feeling that those close offered. It is in the markings, in the needs, in the closeness that we find out what we truly miss, what we truly need...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Site Meter Blog Flux Directory